The end! (and the beginning!)

Well it is all over! My first jump into the world of PBL!! and (inserting drum roll here) I kind of loved it!! I definetly learnt lots about what I could do better next time and am really looking forward to trying my next PBL project – Music in Advertising and creating a jingle.  Here is a link to my resources, if you happen to think that you could use any of this please feel free, and let me know how you go!!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4ApzVee6cIhakdwdi1BWVhYR00&usp=sharing

Music In Advertising – PBL take 2!

This time I am going to try a slightly different approach with students either completing their own final product or in pairs.  I still want to encourage the 4 C’s – more conciously this time than last.  I am starting the term with a ‘skill blast’ which will have students covering very basic pitch notation including introducing them to Noteflight.  Then a small practice task based around a unit of work that I purchased from www.teacherspayteachers.com  http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/MUSIC-Music-for-Advertsing-Composition-Project-899738  They will use Garage Band on the ipads, and Noteflight to complete this.  Then we launch into the final project where my plan is to contact one or two local businesses and ask if they could be our ‘clients’.  Students will meet with them and create a brief/plan which they will then use the skills acquired in the ‘skill blast’ to complete an advertising jingle which they will present to the ‘client’ for final assessment at the end of the term!  The main problem I foresee at this stage is running out of time! So if some of the skill blasting takes a little longer than I planned, I will look at skipping or reducing the practice task.

I will attempt to write my updates regularly!!

Also a big shout out to www.bie.org The Buck Institute of Education – a fantastic site for PBL beginners like me!